New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Phew! Just One Yolk

Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you. Okay, so there's only ONE baby cooking right now. The ultrasound was this afternoon. It's still looking like late July. They say Katrina is 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Apparently they can tell. I think it's more like 7 weeks. But what do I know? I'm just the person who put it there.

They saw the heartbeat and everything is looking good. They actually asked Katrina if she was going to have more than four kids! You ever have have one of those moments when your throat closes up for no reason and won't allow air in? That's about where I was when I heard this. But they ask because Alina was a C-Section and this one will most likely be one too. Ultimately, they can't keep doing it lest you be left with a uterus that resembles something from Freddy Krueger's Juggling School.

Alina was in attendance but slept through the whole process. In about two months, we're going to have to break the news to her that mommy isn't allowed to pick her up anymore. Doctor's orders. Toddlers also have a tendency to jump on their parents stomachs without provocation. I'll try my best to remember my defensive tackle moves from high school football. We also need to get her out of diapers soon. I'm off work from December 22nd to January 1st, so it's going to be Potty Boot Camp. Maybe I should roll up the carpets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home