New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Prostate Check, Anyone?

Having a baby wasn't enough to make me feel old. Being older than the Playboy bunnies, the starting lineup for the New York Mets, certain congressmen, and being amongst those who will never know the world without the internet wasn't enough to make me feel old. But when my dentist walked into the room after my cleaning, for that final looksee, and didn't look older than 19! That twinged my reality synapses for a moment. Signs that say You must be born in 1988 to purchase cigarettes. The fact that Ghostbusters came out 22 years ago, Pulp Fiction 12 years ago. Pretty soon, my doctor will be younger than me and probably Alina's teachers. Then, perhaps, my boss. Then, the President. You can feel young and act young. But those little benchmarks always find a way to creep me out something fierce.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Lois and I both believe that acting young will keep us young. And she'll be 39 in 2 weeks. Think about how she feels when I tell her that I was only 9 the year she graduate high school! LOL

8:01 PM, October 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home