New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Monday, November 28, 2005

*Pow* *Bang* *Flaggle*

"Come feel your daughter kicking my ass," Katrina says. How can I say no? Although I only feel about a third of the movement, "D'ja feel that? How 'bout that?", I must say that this child is certainly giving Momma a wallop. I think the baby is used to having more uterroom. Sometimes when we're on the couch Katrina will stand up, put her hands on her belly and say, "What?! Why?! No, not there! Ohhhh, Momma doesn't like that!" Like she's trying to reason with the baby. This inner battle is hilarious to me but I can't let her see me laugh, else I get the YOU try carrying a baby talk. Mmmmm, that's good trimester. This has made sleeping on her side an absolute must. She's been able to get away with not thus far. And when she finishes her post-shower ritual she looks like (or maybe I'm just fantasizing) she just had a hot oil wrestling match. This is the battle to stave off those stretch marks. Cocoa Butter, Vitamin-E oils, Apricot oils, you name it. I think some people are just destined to get stretch marks though. No matter how much you slather yourself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh. She's not even born yet, and you two are already starting on the *my* daughter when she does something good, *your* daughter when she does something bad bit. Very cute. :)

12:34 PM, December 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home