New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Friday, May 05, 2006

A Muffin Basket Full of Rainbow Kisses

"How's the baby?" I hear this question about 8 times a day. But it's not one of those questions you can answer with another question like "Wassup?" It took me a little while before I realized no one expects an actual answer to that. A simple Wassup in return will suffice. But, with the baby question, people actually want to know how she is. Happy/not happy, sleeping/not sleeping, gaining weight/losing weight. Geez. I feel like I should walk around with a sandwich board draped over me giving Alina's weight, last sleep pattern, biggest poop to date, and behavior nuance. People no longer ask me about anything else - politics, opinions, activities. I am a 24/7 Alina update machine. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to do it. But when I get the chance to hang out with a friend they're surprised that I'm not talking about her. It's because I talk about her all day to people at work, relatives on the phone, etc. I'm never at a state where I've got pent-up stories and I'm just busting to tell someone - so shoot, you're stripes, I'm solids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home