New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wordsmith

Why can't our daycare use common sense? If someone's mommy gets depressed and upset every time you tell them something their child did whilst they were at work, maybe the daycare should let the parents discover it on their own. Such is the case with the place Alina goes three days a week. It's basically a married couple and their mother running the place. Katrina does drop-offs and pick-ups because it's five minutes from the hospital where she works. But when she goes there and hears "Oh, Alina said Hula Hoop today. She's really talking up a storm," then that stinging feeling hits her right in the gut. I missed it. I'm missing everything. Then she starts with the I want to work part-time. Which would be great, if we didn't have six-figure debt. Maybe there can be some kind of clue-based system. Like, the daycare lady could leave a Post-it inside of an empty baby bottle. Or maybe she can just tell me in an email and I'll stage the discovery of the word when I get home that night. Manipulative, yes. But it may preserve Katrina's sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home