New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Kidstmas Kards

Why do people insist on sending me pictures of their kid(s) in the form of a Christmas card? I didn't say "Holiday Card" because the Jews don't typically don't this. Who knows why? But just about every parent I know sends us a card with their kid dressed up. Doesn't matter if I see them once a month or once a year, it's always the children. The kids are typically dressed in fashionable sweaters/santa hats and are set in a winter or Christmas scene. Now, if you have an infant, I can see why you might do this. It's excusable. Some people perhaps haven't seen the baby yet and let's face it, new parents aren't much to look at. What, with the bags under their eyes and correlating double chins. But much older children are arriving in my mailbox every day. And all this really says to me is "Look, they're still alive!" or "I didn't feel like dressing myself."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a xmas card of you dressed up in a santa outfit spanking mrs. clause over your knee ... with the baby alina in her crib looking on with WIDE eyes. That would be hilarious.

12:24 AM, December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Pot calling the Kettle black, nice xmas card of your kid on santa's lap!

10:06 AM, December 27, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Space said...

Yeah, but at least we parents were in it too.

11:21 AM, December 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say that like it makes a difference. Next year I'm sending you a Xmas card of Adam and I holding the cats.

2:47 PM, December 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home