New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The New Satan


Aww Mannnnn.....what the hell are these things? The Doodlebops? Dear God, please don't let Alina get hooked on these ... things. I don't even know what they are. Aliens? Insects? Canadians? Those gloved hands make it tough to play that bridged F chord, I imagine.

They seem like a reinvented form of the Bugaloos, a Brittish hippie insect rock band from the 70s. Then there was Barney, The Wiggles. I guess we were due for another LSD conceived, pre-school aimed musical group. There were probably others, I just never cared. But these things just scare me in more than the obvious ways. I think about the focus groups that probably decided which face paint resonated more with children. I think about seeing these people on some talk show five years from now, all strung out on tranquilizers to combat the artificial high they had to maintain to perform.

3 Comments:

Blogger Botch the Crab said...

Looking at this thing, I got this wonderfully horrific mental image.

The Doodlebops are surrounded by lots of very little children, everyone is smiling, everyone is having fun. Then, suddenly, the Doodlebops turn to each other, exchange a knowing look, then their happy faces slowly melt away to reveal menacing, hungry, evil countenances.

The next mental picture has them with blood all over their mouths and faces and outfits. They have killed and devoured the children. Eaten them all. But they are still not satisfied.

3:26 PM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, my kids would have freaked as toddlers if they'd come face to face with that!

I'm 41 and I'm scared!

5:04 AM, February 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These things creep me out too. Just on FYI, stay away from the wiggles. They are a bunch of middle aged men that sing and dance and have a perma-grin on their faces. Anyone that happy can't be healthy. Congrats!
-Also a new father

10:41 PM, August 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home