New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Creepy Frickin' Toys

I really REALLY hate it when I hear Alina's singing/teaching dog toy say "Peekaboo! I see YOU!" from the toybox. THE TOYBOX. It's touch activated! No one is touching it in the toybox! This particular toy can say or sing about 20 different things. Does it sing Paddycake? No! Does it sing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes? NO!! It says PEEKABOO, I SEE YOU.

Hey Chuckie, wanna play?

I work up the nerve to take the thing out of the toybox. You know, to see if it attacks. I grab it by the head, the only place to touch it without activating it, and place it on top of the toybox. It sits for a second and says in a singsong voice, "SOOOOO BIG!" What, are you mocking me, dog?! Are you insulting the fact that it took me about 5 minutes to decide whether or not to open the toybox? I huff and sit back in my chair. Then about 20 seconds later the dog comes at me again with "I LOVE YOU!" You can't fool me into a false sense of security, singing demon-pooch! I know you're evil.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog looks pretty scary, even by my standards. Like, clown scary.

10:42 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Holly said...

what freaky sounds so many of these toys have!
we currently have (for our nephew) a little puppy dog that has a freakish giggle and it always seems to be in the couch cushions.
nothing like plopping yourself on the couch after a long day and hearing HAA HAA HAA HEE HEE HEE AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

11:11 AM, December 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home