New Dad

This started out as a Dad's perspective on my wife Katrina's pregnancy and a way to keep the family updated. Alina arrived in February 2006 and now it's more about our parenting adventures. Now we've added Evelyn in July 2008.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Boy or Girl?

Katrina went in for some tests on Friday and while the doctor was doing his sono-izing to measure some of her bits and pieces. Then he asked Katrina if she wanted to know the sex of the baby. It was right there on the screen, but the doctor's head was blocking it. Katrina threw up her hand to her eyes and said, "You know already? No! No, not yet I want to wait until Ethan is here." Soooo, the information is available. Now all we have to do is ask for it. We'll definitely know at the end of the month when we do the anatomy review. They'll be using a much more sophisticated ultrasound appliance. I'm picturing something from Wonka's laboratory but I'm sure there's less steam and whistling. Not only will the pictures be of better quality but we'll have the option of bringing in a videotape too. Katrina says she'll drink lots of orange juice on the day so the baby will be running laps between her ascending and descending colon (which is working more normally these days thankfully).

She has been telling me that the baby gets very active on sonograms. I'm just hoping it's not like that cartoon frog that sings Hello my baby, hello my honey only when that guy is watching. Once we know the sex, then comes the fun yet arduous task of the baby registry. Color schemes, furniture, developmental mobiles that play Mozart. Our large living room looks like a roller rink because of it's size and lack of furniture. But soon there'll be large plastic things that roll, jingle, squeak, and tell me what the cow goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. How can you stand it. Call the doc today and find out. I was to start shopping.

Whoopppeeee!

Love,

G'ma

4:42 PM, September 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maureena Jones asked me if you guys knew about the sex. I assured her that you did...that's how the baby happened!

Love, Auntie Kitty

6:42 AM, September 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home